Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

During the month of November, we had a piece of butcher block paper up in the kitchen.  I drew a tree trunk and then Justin, Kale and I traced around our hands to make leaves.  Every few days I would ask Kale what he was thankful for.  Without prompting, we would say things like "our food, church, people, Cedar, my shirt."  We talked about what it means to be thankful.  We also worked on memorizing the verse from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Be joyful always.  Pray continually.  Give thanks in all circumstances.  For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  By the end of the month, Kale was saying the whole verse by himself.  Proud of our little man and what he's learning!

2 comments:

Paul, Abby, and Jillian Hovey said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing! I love the scripture memory that you worked on with Kale! What a neat little project!

Anonymous said...

Woncerful, Kale! We're proud of you. See you in a few days. Grandma D.