Thursday, November 15, 2012

Germany-Day 1-Frankfurt

In mid-October Justin and I traveled to Germany.  He had a scheduled work trip so we flew out a few days prior and enjoyed 4 full days together.  Kale stayed with my parents (thanks, Lady and Pa!) while he endured croup, as we found out the day prior at the doctor's office.  Let's just say there were a lot of tears when Mama walked out the door-Kale and Mama.  Papa waited patiently in the car.  We flew out the day President Obama was at the airport so we were a little nervous about how all of that would play out, but thankfully, we were able to leave on time.  Back to the trip...
 We flew into Frankfurt and spent day 1 there.  As this was Justin's fourth trip, he knew what jetlag would do and thought we should lay low on day 1.  Boy was he right.  I felt like I was walking around in a fog that whole day.
 We spent the day roaming around the business/shopping district of Frankfurt.  It had a real New York feel to me with a little German flair mixed in.  The picture above was of an opera house.  I was amazed at all the people milling around over the lunch hour.  Lots of business men in suits walking everywhere.
 The street markets were pretty amazing as well.  Meats, flowers, garden produce, etc. 
 The weather was equally amazing with temps in the 70s every day we were there.  It was fun to sit and eat outside while watching ALL THE PEOPLE wandering by in the market.
It was lights out at 8PM (1PM back home).  Justin made me stay awake till then.  As soon as the clock struck 8, I literally turned out the lamp and was out myself!

No comments: