Saturday, December 17, 2011

Shining as Stars

Tonight I went outside to spend some time with Cedar before putting him to bed.  Dressed in snowpants, coat, hat and mittens, I laid down on the already frosty, sparkly ground next to Cedar.  I looked up at the stars.  It was an amazing, crystal clear sky with twinkly stars everywhere.

I couldn't help but think about the beauty that I am fortunate to see every day and night.  This canvas God created.  How small I am, just a tiny speck of dust, yet God cares for me so.  And as I breathed and saw the mist of my breath floating upward, I simply said, "I love you too, God."

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing." 
Philippians 2: 14-16

1 comment:

Jill said...

Beautiful!