Monday, July 18, 2011

My Brother's Wedding

My brother was married on Saturday.I always knew my brother to be a kind, quiet, hard working guy, but it showed in the preparations for this wedding.He and his new bride put the finishing touches on their special day with just 2 weeks notice...moving their wedding date up from Sept to July to ensure the bride's mom could see her daughter get married.It was a beautiful day with many heartfelt moments.My sister and I agreed that Kesha was one of the most beautiful brides we'd seen.Kale sported his suit well and slept through Uncle Darin's entire wedding.They were married in a quaint church in the country.My sister and I were readers and it was Darin's idea to have us select the scripture to read for the ceremony. I selected Psalm 37:3-6.My brother was cool as a cucumber...as usual.Kesha was emotional on her way up the aisle. So many thoughts going through her head, I'm sure. She quickly turned me emotional too.A cute moment when the ring wouldn't go on the finger. It was a little warm in the church with no AC...Food and dancing followed.The bride, bridesmaids and many of us wore purple ribbon tatoos for Kesha's mom.So many new, wonderful memories.Darin and Kesha, here's wishing you all God's best in your marriage. We love you and support you in this new journey! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Paul, Abby, and Jillian Hovey said...

The pictures of Kale in his suit are priceless! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

Sarah Craft said...

Congrats to Kesha and Darin. I knew Kesha from my INRCOG working days. She is a gorgeous girl and a beautiful bride. Praying for her mom!