Tuesday, July 26, 2011

13 Months

I'm continuing to catch on to this parenting business...I no longer have a 1 year old, I now have a 13 month old. I'm sure glad adults don't measure their age in months because I just had a birthday and I'd rather not do the math...Kale started walking at my mom and dad's July 3. We were all outside and all of a sudden, he just started off, on his own, across the lawn. I always knew it would happen, but it still makes your heart stop a little. At home he was still pretty shaky around the house and was always reaching for a hand for help. That all stopped just a few weeks ago. Now he cruises around on his own, from room to room.He also loves squatting down next to something and then popping back up. He laughs when we say "down" and "up". He would totally win a baby quads muscle contest...not that we're entering him into one.He also has recently started hating baths before bed. He loved them up to this point, but I think, quite simply, he'd rather be walking. We may have to start resorting to the garden hose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warm the water in the hose first! He's still so very cute. What a new world he has to explore. Mommy and Daddy just have to keep up!!!!!! Grandma D