Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Father's Day

Happy 1st Father's Day to my husband! We were due to have our baby June 13, 2010. I was overdue almost 2 weeks. My brother joked that I just didn't want to have to get Justin a Father's Day gift! When Kale arrived, and it was announced "It's a boy", I knew he was overjoyed. He had tears in his eyes and just couldn't stop smiling. It is truly one of the neatest moments I've ever experienced with him. Fast forward almost a whole year and now my heart is warmed when Justin walks in the door from work and Kale's little face lights up when Papa is home. And on mornings like today when Justin asks, "Can I go get him up while you get his breakfast ready?" and I see his giddiness at getting to see Kale first thing in the morning. And watching the two of them as Kale takes part in many "firsts" and knowing there are so many more to come. I love my husband and I love to watch him father our son. What a tremendous example Kale has to show him what it means to be a man. Thank you for the man you are, Justin. And thank you for being such an amazing dad. Happy First Father's Day!

2 comments:

shane and jackee said...

What great memories! It truly is amazing to watch the bond between father and son, isn't it! :)

Sarah Craft said...

That was a very sweet Father's Day post!