Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Journey

I, D, have resigned my position at work this past week. It was a difficult decision but I feel it is the right one for my family as I'll now be a stay at home mom for Kale. I started my 10th year this summer (while on maternity leave) and it's amazing how quickly those years went by. I only know that they'll go by even faster with my son. Below are pics of my lonely office and a few of my favorite co-workers. We posed through tears! Farewell, UNI. It's been wonderful. For all you stay at home moms out there, send me your inspirational thoughts or ideas for fun to get out of the house...I know I'll need those moments too!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Deedra!! That is so exciting but I know how much you loved your job too! Kale is such a lucky boy to have his mommy with him every day! We go to the Y everyday here, it helps with the long winters. Obviously - the library is good. And music classes for infants and toddlers is awesome! Best of Luck!!!! It is the hardest but most rewarding job you will ever have!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I know that was a really hard decision to make, D, and there will be days when you question it, but overall you'll be glad you decided to stay at home and do the hardest and most important job. :o) I've decided that caring for your children is truly a full-time job and it's only a matter of whether you do it yourself or pay someone to do most of it for you.

I think my best advice is to find a couple social things to do every week just to get out of the house and make contact with other adults. I would definitely invite you to come to Mom's Morning Out on Friday mornings at OHC. We won't start until sometime after Labor Day. I'll let you know for sure. You could also do rotating play dates, although at this point it's just a mommy date. ;o) I'm sure there are lots of people you could visit--including me!

Good luck--I know you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

yeah deed!! i am very excited for u and know u will be sooo glad u decided to stay home. from my experience there will be days u miss work and especially the people but that is when u just go in for a visit /lunch!!:) sounds like u have been given good advice already!! definately find time for yourself and especially time for u and justin!! uni will miss u but being with kale will be a blessing!! luv u and hope to c u soon- jen behncke