Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Highlights

We're once again back at Sunday night. How quickly the weekend passed, but what fun we had! Friday evening we went to an Audio Adrenaline/Mercy Me concert. What a great concert! Audio Adrenaline is on their last tour as the band is saying adios after 15 years. Their final show will be in Hawaii in April. I think I could be okay with going to that concert!!! ALOHA!

Saturday the hubby worked while I volunteered at a 5K race in town. I was fortunate to work inside, rather than out, as it was rainy and cold here on Saturday. That afternoon we traveled to my parents to celebrate my Dad's & niece's birthdays (we gave my niece a bike helmet which she wore the rest of the afternoon). We had lunch together, played some games (while others slept), and then it was all too soon to head back home where we caught a volleyball game on campus.

Today was church, followed by a church meeting, long nap and then I was getting the living daylights scared out of me on a haunted hayride with my student employees! I work with college students and they live for this stuff. I, on the other hand, could live without it! I'm glad to be back at home resting comfortably in my own home! I mean, to have a guy come up alongside the wagon and hit the side as loud as he can, much less get ON the wagon and make scary noises and grab at you is not a settling way to end a day, much less try to sleep! I can't believe I paid to be scared. It is times like these that I second guess my decision making, when I'm crying like a little girl.

I digress.

All in all, it was a great weekend. The week ahead is quite busy for me as I've been planning a wellness fair since May and Tuesday is the big day, followed by a cholesterol screening on Wednesday morning. I will breathe a big sigh of relief come Wednesday afternoon!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: