Monday, August 25, 2014

1st Day of Preschool

Today was Kale's first day of preschool.  
 After a weekend away celebrating a family wedding and then a very rough thunderstorm night, I was wondering how tolerable he would be of something new, but he took it all in stride.
 I've been told that mothering is not about letting go but about letting go a great number of times.  Today wasn't the first for me, but it was a big one.
 We took lots of pictures, he asked me to stay and play for awhile, and had to give me a series of hugs and kisses before I could go.
 Kale with his teacher Mrs. Blough.
 Kale with Mrs. Williams, the para in the room.
 There are 14 total  kiddos in his class as well as a classroom fish, "Blueberry."
 This was a sign that Kale was in the right classroom!
When I picked him up he said, "I missed you, Mama, but you are always in my heart."  You too, bud, you too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touching, Deeds. Doesn't seem that long ago I was sending JD off to school--and then college--that was hardest of all. MIL