Monday, May 12, 2014

Our not so little boy

I have become increasingly more aware that my Kale is not such a little boy anymore and my heart hurts just a little bit.
 This boy who it seems was just born a few months ago is already writing his name and has favorite friends and doesn't always want his mama to read him stories at night.
 This boy who will turn four years old next month that now ventures outside to play with Cedar all by himself and dresses himself and goes potty all.by.himself.
 This boy who goes on dates with me to orchestra concerts and holds real conversations about instruments, cars and what he did while mama was away.  I hope he'll always want to date me!
 This boy.  I'm wanting to stop time for this boy.  I'm wanting to read and research for all the questions he'll have for me.  I'm wanting to hold him in my arms and not let any harm come to him.  That's where God comes in and reminds me that he is His and I must trust.  This boy.  Oh how I love this boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poignant description of your relationship with Kale. He's so precious and the years are flying by so quickly. MIL