Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baby #2 on Board

We are expecting our second baby!  Here I am at 12.5 weeks.
I'm currently in my 14th week and slowly starting to feel better.  I have been very nauseated this time around and it lasts the whole live long day.  While pregnant with Kale, I had virtually no sickness.  Let's just say that Kale has watched way more videos and cartoons in the last several weeks than he has his whole life!
Though I've been to the doctor, have heard the heartbeat and I see my tummy slowly growing, it has not set in just yet that a new little life will be joining our household at the end of January (fingers crossed this child won't choose to wait an extra 2 weeks like big brother did...).
What I do know is that we are excited to expand our family and see what interests and passions this child will develop and how we can best nurture him/her in them.
And Kale's response to the news?  "Mama, I will hold the baby and carry the baby and teach the baby to play the tuba."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! So much fun to read the blogs and follow both your and the attic's progress. G'ma

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Don't feel bad--Emily really didn't start watching TV until I was pregnant with Lincoln. She had stopped napping, so I napped while she watched Curious George almost every afternoon.

Can't wait to hear the brass band! ;o)