Friday, February 08, 2013

Flyin' High on Organization

Have ya ever noticed that a coffee bought from a coffee shop gives you just a little more "juice", just a bit more "kick", just a smidge more "eyes wide open, not gonna sleep tonight" kind of feelin?  I'm sippin on some iced coffee this afternoon and I feel like I could go for hours without sitting down.  With a two and a half year old around, I'm going with it because usually I'm going through my days with my eyes half shut and wanting to hit the pillow when he does for the daily afternoon nap.  I digress.
 A project I've had on the backburner of my mind for months has been to put together a binder of all my "paper ideas".  Now I love me some Pinterest, as noted from a previous post, but I haven't yet begun a paper free-all online-life.  I like my free magazines from the library a bit too much and there's rarely been a magazine I've read that I haven't gotten an idea from that I wanted to be sure not to forget.
 Thus this afternoon I've begun sorting my "paper ideas" into piles of various categories to be put into a binder for organization.  I'm quickly finding that my categories far outnumber the number of tabs in my binder which will likely lead to more tab purchasing, which may also lead to the purchase of another iced coffee another day to complete this project.  Again, I digress.
 I'm hoping this new organized system will help me to enjoy some of these projects as well as make it through my pile of magazines a little quicker (because I'll have somewhere to put the torn out pages!).
 Watch out household, new ideas, recipes, and projects are about to be unleashed.
What are you organizing to make your life a little more fulfilling these days?

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Yes!!! I all to well know that feeling of the coffee high from any place other than my home! We organized the storage are in the basement and all the kids drawers! I am now working on a budget friendly face lift to the kids bathroom! Just to keep the mind and body going through the rest of winter!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I always have lots of organizing ideas/plans. I just reorganized Emily's art desk downstairs to make way for my new Cricut machine and claim at least a part of the desk as a craft area. I can't wait to use the Cricut to label all the art supply tubs! :)

Sarah Craft said...

I'm with ya on the Starbucks/Panera/not home brewed coffee. I think it is because someone else made it for you and as a stay at home mom rarely does anyone do anything for me, it's usually us making things for the kiddos. Anyway, good luck with your organizing. I recently sorted through several rooms, drawers etc and it feel great to get things in order.

Heather's Henhouse said...

I just organized some of my favorite Bible verses and random handouts/papers from church/MMO/retreats. I have some more work to do but for now I'm pleased to see them all in a nice binder. When I need a God moment, I know where to go.