Friday, October 07, 2011

Wife-cation

So my "mommy-cation" (see previous post) ended abruptly when Justin flew out for Brazil the day after we got back from Michigan.  Suddenly, single parenthood set in for a few days.  I was trying to decide if I was on a wife-cation or a hubby-cation.  Regardless, I was alone with my son and dog in our big old farmhouse on nights that get dark too early!!!  I digress...

Kale and I worked to fill our time as best we could.  We made trips to the library, went for a walk in a beautiful neighborhood,

story hour, playgrounds, runs on trails, up and down on the lawnmower, etc.
I'm happy to say that Justin returned home safely today and our family is complete once again!
I'm content to have no vacations of any sort planned for a bit now.  Normal life at home is just fine for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog entries. I just love seeing how my Iowa grandson is doing. He is so cute!!! Linda