Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Pie and Life

This is my dear friend, Heather. When I was still working, she was my running partner over the lunch hour. We'd have a good 40-50 minutes daily to talk about anything and everything, except maybe on hill workout days when there was too much perspiration and "out-of-breathness" to communicate but with grunts.Heather is that friend who walks by my side while I try to figure out many things in my life as she knows my decision making process can be quite slow and downright poor. She has the courage to tell me things that others probably don't. She speaks with honesty and love.
I only see Heather on a semi-regular basis now that I'm a stay at home mom. In many ways, I feel like a piece of me is missing when we go long stretches without communicating/seeing one another.
Last night we met at a Village Inn in town at 7:30 to catch up. We each ordered a piece of pie and talked about life. We laughed. We cried. We reconnected. The first time we looked at the time, it was 10PM. We finally made it out to our cars at 10:30 and hugged goodbye.
Heather is more than a friend, she's family. I thank God that our paths have crossed and I have such an amazing woman in my life.

1 comment:

Ryan & Lisa said...

I know her! She knows that famous artist... Strawberry Ice!