Monday, June 21, 2010

Ladies with Overdue Babies

Ladies with overdue babies. I know you are out there and that helps me to cope! I am now 8 days overdue going on 20, it feels. Rather than sit around and wait for labor to begin, here are some suggestions for passing the time. Spend time in the baby's room whether it's organizing or just enjoying quiet time.
Enjoy time in the Word. A favorite verse of mine lately has been Psalm 142:3.
Take a favorite pup for a walk. Mine, of course, is Cedar.
Listen to a relaxation CD. We got this one as a gift and the current song is titled "Letting Go." How fitting...
Organize a shelf that REALLY needs help. This was one of ours. I'm not going to tell my hubby and let him find it for himself. He'll be so happy :)

5 comments:

Gerben en Julie said...

Great ideas...Hang in there Deedra...the baby will come!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Deeds! I have a feeling the nesting instinct may have set in. I am glad you are making good use of the last few days.
We hope to hear good news very soon.
Leigh

Jill said...

thinking of you guys!! Hang in there! HeShe will be here before you know it. I always did the lay quiet in the room and enjoy too!!Then again, I wasn't overdue either time, so ENJOY!

shane and jackee said...

Oh Deed...it can't be too much longer now! :) I went a week overdue with Isaiah, so I can only imagine the anticipation you are feeling! I pray things go smoothly for you guys! Can't wait to hear your sweet baby has arrived! :) Take care!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Hang in there. Enjoy your last moments as a couple before becoming a family of three. I can't wait to hear how things turn out!