Saturday, August 01, 2009

Garden Bounty

It's been a beautiful summer. The farmer that farms the land around our acreage put in soybeans this year. There's a beauty about farmland and we're lucky to see it grow and change right outside our door. Here's the latest shot of our garden. It has truly exploded. Today I froze my third batch of green beans. We've enjoyed sweet corn and peas too. Tonight we added tomatoes and green peppers to our homemade pizza, straight from the garden. The cool temps this morning allowed time to weed the strawberries a bit. Cedar thinks he should "help" in the garden too. He doesn't fully understand "no" when it comes to his entrance into the garden. Below is a look at our miniature pumpkins. We've quickly learned that they will need a larger area to spread out next year! I'm hopeful we'll harvest several of them come fall.
Me with some of our produce on my birthday last week. Remember a post back in April or May when I showed a picture of the first flower emerging from the dirt? Well, here's the flower garden I dug last fall. It still needs work, but I'm pleased with the outcome for this summer.

No comments: