Monday, May 18, 2009

Florida Day 7

Our final day in Florida saw much rainfall so we kept ourselves occupied darting in and out of shops and driving to see surrounding neighborhoods. One very fun stop for Deedra was at a Christmas store. LOVED IT! Abby-not quite as fun as the stop in CO, though! We also enjoyed our time at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. At this acquarium they rescue and rehabilitate marine life, particularly dolphins, sea otters, sea turtles, and sharks. We caught a dolphin show which we both enjoyed. The acquarium is home to "Winter", a dolphin they rescued that lost its tail. They have made a prosthetic tail for Winter and she has learned to swim with it again.
For dinner tonight, we returned to our favorite restaurant in the area, "The Island Way Grill." We discussed that it would be great to get this restaurant back home! Speaking of home, we look forward to our return!

3 comments:

The Friesen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. I'm so glad!
Looked beautiful!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I have an idea for your next trip.....China! (And take me with you!)

Jay and Gina said...

Are you playing softball this summer?!? I wish I could be playing. I miss it so much! I coached a 5th grade team, but it's just not the same as playing. Hope your summer is going great!!