Monday, December 08, 2008

Decorating

Per request of our Minnesota family, a tour through our decorated home in pictures.
We begin with, fittingly, the front door. The pine branches were taken from our backyard trees.Entryway. My project last winter was making picture frame ornaments for each year of our marriage. I used a photo taken at Christmas of each year and had them printed in black and white. I then added the year in the bottom corner and purchased silver frames from Hobby Lobby-always at 50% off!! A fun project that was especially fun to put on the tree this year in our dining room.
The kitchen. I've lugged this grapevine (above the window below) from my one bedroom apartment, to our former home and now our current home. I like finding lightweight things to hang in it all year round for decoration. This is the Charlie Brown tree we put in the corner in our living room. I found these great black and silver bulbs on the sale rack after the season last year. Sorry if I'm sounding like Martha Stewart! Wrapped gifts make great decorations too! These are on top of our entertainment center.
Our "sitting room" also got a tree! This one is all in green and the room itself is green. My dad had made me this ladder a few years ago and it works great to display Christmas books.
The stairs leading upstairs.
Basket full of pinecones and pines from our trees outside. Bathroom upstairs. I've always loved this funky green for Christmas!

4 comments:

Gerben en Julie said...

Wauw...you have been busy..it looks great!!!
Julie

Life of the Lorenzens said...

It's beautiful, Deedra! I cut back this year b/c I was too tired and didn't want to keep chasing Emily away from the decorations. But how fun to start over decorating a big, new house! I especially love the picture frame project. What a neat idea!

Daisygirl1 said...

D&J,
Absolutely beautiful, as always! I hope we are able to get to see the new house sometime soon. You always have a knack for decorating!
Leigh

Jill said...

Your home looks just beautiful and so festive! Have a great Holiday!!

The Lamz Family