Sunday, August 24, 2008

What I'll Miss Most About the Olympics

I'll admit, when the Olympics are on, I'm glued to the tv every chance I can get. I've always loved athletics, sports, and competition and feel I live vicariously through the awesome Olympic athletes. Here's a short list of what I'll miss most now that the Olympics are done:

*The Olympic theme music-there's just something about it!
*The adrenaline rush as Michael Phelps plows down his lane to be the first to touch the wall.
*Watching the awesome power of mens indoor volleyball.
*Gymnastics...Shawn or Nastia? Nastia or Shawn??
*Today Show interviews with the athletes.
*The Birds Nest.
*Not having a valid excuse to put off house cleaning anymore...!

Way to go USA! Go World!

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Amen to that! I loved every minute of watching, but it's going to take a week to catch up on my life. ;o) No more teary-eyed interviews, medal ceremonies or video montages. Just the regular daily grind. Oh well, I kinda missed that, too (especially the full night of sleep!).

Thanks for letting us come over to visit the other night. Sorry again about the little "incident" in the office. :op We'd love to have you over for supper whenever you're lonely. Please give us a call or shoot an email!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Hi Deedra & Justin! If you want to see some 'non-professional' photos of the Olympics, go check out the Dufner's picasa site. I'm not sure if you get their updates, but Andrea and Dan got to see a couple of the Olympic events. If you need the website, let me know. (You can find it on my blog.) God bless!
Nicole